First Headmaster Email of the New School Year!
Just a week left of summer! Classes begin September 7th. Please read this email carefully and save it for future reference as there's quite a bit of important information here!
Student Drop-Off: (These are the same procedures as last year.)
The building will open at 8:10 for students to enter. Just as we did last year, the West parking lot will be a pull-through drop off. Students in Kindergarten through Grade 3 will enter through the side "Latin" door. A staff member will be outside to welcome them. Students in Grades 4 through 8 will enter through the main door. After students place their backpacks on hooks, they are to go to their classrooms.
Student Pick-Up: (These are the same procedures as last year.)
Dismissal is at 2:50 PM Monday to Thursday and noon on Fridays. Students will exit through specific doors and we ask that you park in the appropriate parking lot, as follows:
Parents of children in Kindergarten to Grade 1 are to park in the West lot.
Students in these grades will be brought outside by Mrs. Stanley. Siblings of these students will also come to this lot through the same door they entered.
All other parents are to park in the East lot. Students will exit either through the "playground" door or the "music room" door, depending on whether their classroom is upstairs or downstairs and meet their parents in the parking lot.
Parking Lot Safety:
Please discuss parking lot safety with your children. It is also crucial that students not go between the two parking lots after school, nor enter the alley. Visibility in the alley is limited and children are not to be back there unless walking with a parent.
Covid 19 Policies:
We are very pleased that students will not need to be split into separate learning groups this year! These are the covid safety policies that do remain:
1. Handwashing / sanitization is required upon entering the building, before and after eating, after coughing or sneezing into hand, and before leaving the building.
2. Masking requirements are similar to last year. This is the guidance from the Ministry of Education:
"Students in K to 3 are encouraged to wear a mask indoors, but are not required to do so. Masking remains a personal or family/caregiver choice for these students. All K-12 staff and all students in Grades 4-12 are required to wear a mask indoors. This guidance does not apply in the following circumstances: -to a person who cannot tolerate wearing a mask for health or behavioural reasons; -if a person is behind a barrier; or -while providing a service to a person with a disability or diverse ability (including but not limited to a hearing impairment) where visual cues, facial expressions and/or lip reading/movements is important. No student will be prevented from attending or fully participating at school if they do not wear a mask. "
If you have any questions about the mask policy, please call the church office.
3. Daily health checks to be completed at home each morning. The province has created this website and app that can be used: https://www.k12dailycheck.gov.bc.ca/healthcheck?execution=e1s1
We have three immediate volunteer needs:
1. Lunch supervisors for the Grammar Students (K-6) and Logic Students (7-8): Adult family members are needed Monday through Thursdays from 11:50 to 1:00. You can sign up here: https://bit.ly/3DAkWph
2. Listeners for the Grade 2-3 Reading Groups: Adult family members of any student (does not have to be of a child in Miss Ilic's class), are needed Wednesdays 1-1:50 and Fridays 10:50-11:45. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
3. Tear Down & Clean Up: Our staff can use help Friday afternoons to assist with cleaning and packing away the classrooms for church on Sunday. Email Elysha at email@example.com if you can help.
Uniforms ordered through the school can be picked up Wednesday between noon and 2 PM or Thursday to Friday anytime between 9 AM and 2 PM. If you have not already paid, please e-transfer firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school treasurer will send an email soon with information on tuition payments. Please be on the look out for these details.
New Student Orientation:
Remember Orientation Thursday, September 2 at 6 PM. Please RSVP by email if you will be able to attend. This will be a time to go over school procedures, meet your teacher, and see your classroom.
We are excited for this new tradition! Friday, September 10 at 6:30 PM to start the year off with worship and a charge from Pastor Joshua.
Finally, if you are new to our school community, I will invite you to join our private "First Baptist Classical Academy Family" Facebook page. This is an informal way to connect with other parents to arrange playdates, sell uniforms, etc. You may have to be friends with someone who is already a member to be added, so if you can't find it through a general search, feel free to add myself or one of the other parents as a friend and we will add you to the group!
If you have any questions as you , feel free to contact the office or email me. See you soon!